Friday, August 10, 2018

Ex Conspiracy Theorist Story #1

This is a story sent to me posted by someone who wishes to remain anonymous.

I used to read PrisonPlanet back around 2002/2003 or so. I live in Florida and voted for Gore, and I was still mad about the result of the 2K election. And then 9/11 happened, and our government seemed more interested in using the attacks as a premise to invade an unrelated country than they were in catching the people responsible, and the press seemed to be falling down on the job of holding leaders to account.

It was easy to believe it was all a big show.

At the same time, I had parted ways with a religious community heading in an authoritarian direction I couldn't tolerate, and into which I would never fit without being crushed.

I began to realize that the "villains" in Alex Jones' world(or the Conspiracy Theory workd at large) bore no small resemblance to those of my former church: the U.N. the Catholic Church, Anyone who didn't "BELIEVE THE TRUTH"(and Belong To The Club) was an enemy.

And that just wasn't something I could keep feeding my brain. I knew it would take me places I didn't want to go.

Fortunately I had a broad range of people and information available to consult, and a base of education in critical thinking from a young age(thank all heaven for good teachers!) So gradually, I developed a bit more confidence in sorting real information from B.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment